With the holidays behind me, I pondered the gifts I received in 2014. As I look over my list, I realize that each day is a gift, an experience to explore. “A wonderful gift may not be wrapped as you expect.” –Frederick W. Faber.
The gifts I received in 2014 are:
- The gift of my dad’s passing as he is no longer suffering but spending heavenly time with his parents, sisters, brothers and grandson.
- The gift of rehab for someone who has more strength that I will ever possess and is finding value in this world.
- The gift of life – twofold – with the birth of granddaughters Lilyana and Veda.
- The gift of acknowledgement for A Far Cry…From Home from Readers’ Favorite International Awards, the National Indie Excellence Awards and the New England Book Festival Awards.
- The gift of another Mother’s Day that held epic surprises designed by my son, just for me.
- The gift of dinner dates with fabulous friends: Amy, Cindy, Debbie, MaryEllen, Robyn, and Tammy.
- The gift of meeting new friends in Miami: Carew, Debra, Jalpa, James and Viga.
- The gift of celebrating another birthday with health and happiness surrounded by family.
- The gift of sharing another Christmas and New Year holiday with my beautiful mom.
- The gift of my family…from Facetime to face-to-face time; enjoying a Red Wings game with the whole crew; Thanksgiving with extended family, Christmas morning with all the kids and a laid back Christmas afternoon with immediate family.
- The gift of being able to pursue my dream of writing an upcoming romance titled Bittersweet Raine and a children’s book called I Am Unique that features all the special and unique young characters in my life.
“I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” -Joyce Meyer. What gifts did you receive or leave behind in 2014?